By accessing or using the websites www.gsv.ie &
"Site"), you acknowledge and agree to the disclaimers, terms and conditions (the
"Terms") set forth below. Reference to "we", "our" and "us", etc. are references
to us, Gateway Student Village. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to
change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms at any time. You should review
the Terms periodically as, by using the Site, you agree to be legally bound by these
Terms. If you do not accept the Terms stated here, do not use the Site.
ACCEPTABLE USE OF THE SITE
Gateway Student Village authorises you to view and download a single copy of the
materials on the Site, solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve
the right to suspend the use of the Site generally or to block your access to any
part of the Site and/or to suspend or terminate your rights to use the Site or any
part of it if we suspect misuse.
Subject to these Terms, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited
right to access and use the Site and the materials displayed thereon. However, no
right, title, or interest in any such materials will be granted or transferred to
you as a result of any permitted use of such materials.
All materials incorporated in or accessible through the Site, including, without
limitation, text, photographs, images, graphics, illustrations, logos, button icons,
audio clips, video clips, podcasts, software and other content, and the compilation,
collection, arrangement and assembly thereof (including the look and feel of the
Site), are protected by Irish and international copyright laws, and are owned, controlled
or licensed by Gateway Student Village or by the original creators of such materials
or their permitted licensors. All such rights are reserved. Such materials may be
used only for viewing the Site in the ordinary course. Any other use of such materials,
including any copying, reproduction, modification, sale, distribution, extraction,
re-utilisation, transmission, republication, downloading, displaying, posting, performance,
or other exploitation thereof, by any means or medium, without the prior written
permission of the copyright owner is strictly prohibited. In addition, where any
content on the Site is not owned by Gateway Student Village the use of such content
shall be prohibited unless the consent of the owner has been obtained and the use
of such material has been notified to us in advance.
PRIVACY AND SECURITY
We are committed to protecting your privacy and security. All personal data that
is incorporated into these Terms by this reference.
This Site is intended to provide general information only, and should not be considered
as a substitute for advice covering any specific situation. Users should seek appropriate
advice before taking or refraining from taking any action in reliance on any information
contained in any part of this Site.
While Gateway Student Village has taken every precaution in compiling this Site,
neither it, nor its contributors, make any warranties, representations or undertakings
relating to any of the content of the materials on the Site (including, without
limitation, as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular
purpose of such content).
Neither Gateway Student Village, any of our affiliates, nor any of our or their
respective licensors, licensees, service providers or suppliers warrant that the
Site will be continuously available, or that your use of the Site or any function
of the Site will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the Site and server will
be free from infection, viruses and/or other components that have contaminating
or destructive properties.
The Site is provided by Gateway Student Village on an ?as is? and ?as available?
basis. To the fullest extent permissible by law, Gateway Student Village disclaims
all warranties, conditions and undertakings, express or implied. Gateway Student
Village does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results
of the use of the materials incorporated in the Site or any third party website
accessed through the Site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability,
or otherwise and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer
system or loss of data that results from the download of such material.
Further, please note that no advice or information, obtained by you from our personnel
or through this Site shall create any warranty not expressly provided for in these
Terms. Where you rely on any information, material or services on the Site, you
do so entirely at your own risk.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You expressly understand and agree that (to the fullest extent permitted by law),
Gateway Student Village shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental,
special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages, or any other damages whatsoever,
including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits or contracts, income or
revenue, goodwill, anticipated savings, data or other intangible losses (even if
we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), arising out of, or resulting
- the use or the inability to use the Site;
- the use of any content or other material on the Site or any website or websites
linked to the Site;
- unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data;
- statements or conduct of any third party on the Site; or
- any other matter relating to the Site.
If you are dissatisfied with these Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is the
discontinuation of the use of the Site.
In accessing any part of our Site, you agree not to use the Site or cause or permit
the Site to be used:
- to jeopardise or prejudice the operation, quality or integrity of the Site, or the
operation, quality or integrity of any telecommunications network;
- to harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses,
without their consent;
- for any commercial purpose including any direct marketing, surveys, contests or
pyramid schemes, nor to use the Site to participate in sending chain letters, junk
e-mail, spam, duplicative or unsolicited messages, advertising or promotional material;
- to distribute, download, upload, or transmit any material which contains viruses,
Trojan horses, worms, or other harmful or disruptive components to attack the Site
via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack;
- or contrary to the terms and conditions of any Internet Service Provider you may
You further agree to defend, hold harmless and indemnify Gateway Student Village
for any loss, expenses or damage we suffer or incur if you breach any of these obligations
or any other Terms.
The Site is controlled and offered by Gateway Student Village from Ireland. Those
who access or use the Site from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition
and are responsible for compliance with local law.
The Site contains links to third party websites. These links are provided for your
convenience only and you are solely responsible for evaluating the content and accuracy
of materials on such third party websites. If you choose to access linked third
party websites, you do so at your own risk. Gateway Student Village generally welcomes
the hyper-linking to the Site from other appropriate websites. Any links to the
Site from another website must be presented in such a manner that the viewing of
the Site is not impaired by framing or similar techniques that may impact the visitor's
perception of the Site or their user experience.
NOTICE AND TAKE DOWN PROCEDURE
If you identify material on the Site which you believe infringes any of your own
intellectual property rights, you should contact us by writing to Gateway Student
Village, Student Office.
Gateway Student Village, Ballymun Road, Dublin 9 . Your letter must include the
- A signature confirming that you are the owner of an exclusive right, or that you
are a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right, that
is allegedly being infringed on the Site;
- You must identify the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed on the
- You must identify the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject
of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled,
and information reasonably sufficient to permit Gateway Student Village to locate
- You must provide information reasonably sufficient to permit Gateway Student Village
to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email
address at which you may be contacted;
- You must confirm in writing that you have a good faith belief that use of the material
in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent,
or the law; and
- You must confirm in writing that the information in the notification is accurate,
and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner
of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Where Gateway Student Village receives a valid notice containing the above information,
we will take steps to investigate the matter and, where we are satisfied that the
allegation is merited, we will remove the offending content. Any removal will be
on a ?without prejudice? basis and shall not constitute any admission of responsibility
on the part of Gateway Student Village or any other party. If you have any other
concerns regarding the Site, please see the Contact details at the end of these
The Site has been designed and these Terms shall be governed by and construed in
accordance with the laws of Ireland (excluding Northern Ireland). Any dispute arising
out of the access or use of the Site will be subject to the jurisdiction of the
Irish courts (excluding Northern Ireland).
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Gateway Student Village
with respect to your access and use of the Site and any third-party website accessed
through the Site. If any of these Terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason
unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable form these Terms and
shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Our
failure to exercise or delay in exercising a right or remedy provided by these Terms
or by law does not constitute a waiver of those or any other rights or remedies.
Certain pages on the Site may contain additional terms and conditions or data protection
notices. Such additional terms shall apply in the manner set out but shall be in
addition to, and not in substitution for, these Terms.
If for any reason you wish to contact us, we can be reached at: Gateway Student
Village, Student Office, Ballymun Road, Dublin 9. Phone (+353) 1 8424 060 or email
Thank you for visiting the Site.
Terms & Conditions - Payments etc
By paying the deposit and submitting the online application form you are confirming your acceptance of the terms and conditions set out below.
Please ensure that you carefully read through all terms and conditions.
- Deposits can be processed through PayPal on our online application. We accept all major credit cards.
- We ask for a Booking Deposit of €400 to be paid with each application.
- This deposit will secure the room and is held as a Security Deposit which will be refunded after satisfactory check out.
- Applications are processed on a strictly "first come, first served" basis. If there are no rooms available the deposit will be returned immediately.
- GSV hereby reserves the right to decline an application for accommodation.
- Rooms are booked for a minimum of 2 semesters.
- Gateway Student Village (GSV) will endeavour to provide you with your preference however this may not always be possible and sharing options are discretionary.
- The cost of the room and the due date for payment will be notified directly to the students or via our website.
- In the event a student fails to pay the amount due for the first or second semester by the due date the reservation will be cancelled and the deposit will not be refunded.
- Any student who has paid the amount due for the semester and who for whatever reason fails to take up residence or who takes up residence and
for whatever reason subsequently vacates their room will not be refunded their deposit or rent.
- A standard Licence Agreement is entered between the student and GSV. The Student must familiarise himself/herself with the terms and conditions
set out in the Licence. It is a legal requirement that all students residing at GSV MUST have a signed Licence Agreement. The Licence Agreement
may be downloaded on our website and must be printed and then signed by both student and their Guarantor and returned to the GSV prior to
check in. Keys and Wi-Fi access codes will not be issued until the signed Licence Agreement is returned to GSV. Any breach of the terms and
conditions of the Licence Agreement may result in a fine or eviction or both.
- If a student is under 18 then the Licence Agreement must be signed by a parent or guardian. If there are any issues arising then Gateway Student
Village will involve the parent/guardian in all discussions.
- Apartment Inspections are carried out intermittently during the academic year. Students must ensure that their apartment is in a clean and tidy
condition. Failure to comply with any notices issued after an inspection will result in contract cleaners being called in with the cost being borne
by the student/s.
- Apartments shall be returned to GSV in a similar condition to which they were received at the start of the year. A thorough check will be carried out
on all units following student departure with a focus on cleaning, painting, inventory and maintenance.
- GSV reserve the right to charge outstanding amounts against the security deposit. Items include underpayment of rent, cleaning charges, damages,
unpaid fines, underpayment of electricity etc.
- Insurance cover for student’s personal belongings is not covered by GSV.
- GSV reserve the right to enter apartments to show maintain and re-let any vacant rooms.
You may apply for accommodation using our secure online
IF YOU CANCEL YOUR BOOKING AT ANY TIME YOUR DEPOSIT IS NOT REFUNDED